It’s cold and grey and although I love the invigorating fall weather, the dearth of sunlit hours cramps my outdoor living style. So I like to find ways to cheer myself up by warming myself from the inside. Hence my healthy hot chocolate recipe 🙂
This is a super afternoon pick me up that only takes a minute to make. Chocolate has tons of flavenols and antioxidants which are extremely helpful in keeping us healthy. Unfortunately, most chocolate is sweetened with refined sugar, a deadly poison that packs the weight on around our middles. And during the holidays we get slammed by all sorts of sugar laden chocolate in cakes, cookies, and candy.
Use this hot chocolate recipe to get your fix and ward off temptations for the bad stuff. You’ll love it!
- 2 T unsweetened cocoa powder, or raw cacao powder
- 2 T raw cashews
- 3-6 pitted dates
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 1/8 tsp chili flakes – optional – adds heat and lifts the spirit
- 1 tsp lecithin – optional – great super food for the brain and the whole body
- approx 12 oz boiling water
- Place everything in a blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy.