If you are familiar with my 7-day Map to Hormonal Balance, or any or my 10-day detox, you will know that I am crazy about getting and staying hydrated. If you want to be a vibrant, energetic woman with plenty of juice, you need to eat and drink plenty of fluids, and use these hydrating veggies…
Dehydration creates an imbalance in minerals, which can throw your hormones out of whack, and being hydrated is vital to the production and circulation of hormones.
Vegetables and fruits are composed of the best, most hydrating water. They contain varying amounts of hydrating salts, minerals like potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, iron and zinc, plus natural sugars.
These work together (way better than a sports drink) to bring the water they are dissolved in to all parts of your body. Your skin, hair, digestion, mental acuity, and overall performance will benefit from eating these veggies fresh and raw.
Fruits and veggies are way better than a sports drink for hydration and hormone balancing. Tweet this
Let’s savor those end-of-summer sun rays and feast on these juicy hydrators! You will also benefit from some of these hormone balancing powers:
- cucumbers are great detoxers. They also contain lignans that have been linked to reduced breast, ovarian and uterine cancers.
- lettuces and spinach contain minerals that help remove toxins and keep your acid/alkaline balance in order, which is very important for bone health. Magnesium is especially important for hormonal balance, and spinach has a lot!
- celery and fennel bulb are incredibly satisfying to crunch on when experiencing bouts of anger or frustration! Celery is full of hydrating salts, and since ancient times has been used as a hormone balancer and aphrodisiac. Fennel contains phytoestrogens that help to balance both high and low estrogen.
- tomatoes and peppers posses a ton of phytonutrients. These two are powerhouses in every area of disease prevention, and in slowing the aging process.
- zucchini contains nutrients that balance blood sugar and maintain both sex and brain hormones.
- cabbage and cauliflower are exceptionally good for detoxing from excess estrogens, and for cancer prevention.
- radishes and carrots: a radish a day is said to help diminish dangerous visceral fat deposits around the organs. Raw carrots will help you detox from environmental xeno-estrogens.
Buy these organic, especially the greens, to avoid chemicals that contribute to more hormonal imbalance. Raw is best for hydration, but boiled for a few seconds also works, especially when the weather gets cold.
Try taking hydrating veggie slices with you in the car, on hikes, or anywhere else you can use a quick snack that will also keep those juices flowing.